Monday, December 14, 2009

Helpless

On Sunday (yesterday) I had a lesson in helplessness, it all started when I went to field archery practice all the way out in Tai Tapu. I turned into the station and I followed the car in front of me where all the other cars were parked for the field archery, there wasn't even a gravel road, just tyre tracks that had been followed by many cars before. Anyway I get to near the car park and there were no parks for me or the car in front of me, so he started reversing. I was right on his tail cause, as you know I’m a speed-freak when I want a thrill, anyway so I had to reverse and I went back down the path until suddenly the front wheel slipped off something and was hanging in mid air.

Opps, I didn't see that ledge, it was all covered in grass and it all looked the same ><'. I had the three other wheels on the ground, so I tried to rev the engine in reverse, it didn't move, first gear was not any better. I was stuck! ><', I was in control of a machine that was fixed in place, How could I do this? I’m meant to be... infallible It may sound arrogant but it is the truth, how could I failed so epically! Luckily for me one of the bow hunter club people was all to happy to give me a tow, I decided for Dad to do the driving from then on. Then from all the 4WDs there in the car park, it was the guy with the weakest one who saw me in trouble, so he failed to move the car in the first try, then my coach saw me… laughed and sent all the boys in my club to help give a push (my alphas (= ) anyway with 6 guys pushing and the 4WD we managed to push the car to safety. Phew!

But seriously it brought to my attention, how much I dislike asking for help, its like I don’t want to be a burden on people and I want to be totally independent. Its almost like I feel that others would see me as inferior if I stuff up and need help, I’m so used to being the one with all the answers. I know its not right to feel this way, but I think we should be open about the way we feel because it will help us find a solution to our issues.

3 comments:

  1. first: I know how you feel
    second: but that doesn't stop me from thinking it was funny =)
    I think it's a guy thing-no wanting to ask for help. I don't want to ask for help for a totally different reason: they might find it annoying. Pls, don't ask why, even I don't know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, thats not very nice, i would have to have called AA if I was alone!

    ReplyDelete