Thursday, July 16, 2009

A quick trip to the Dunny....



I went down to Dunedin on Monday, nothing too interesting went down, just hutted down there to checkout what otgao Uni. was like. I found its much like Canterbury except the students a much more rowdy than back home. Apparently like 1,800 people do first year health science, so many people!

We got shown around Unicol and St.Margrets College, and from people I've asked Unicol is raucous while St. Margrets is more studious, in fact some say too studious. My family also drove past Carrington, its up a hill! In contrast St.Margrets is inside the Uni. Both have good food, and the Unipol gym is further away from Carrington. But then going up the hill would be good for you. However, when in the car, especially our old white Vauxhall Astra is highly freaky, sometimes frightening lol. ( North and West Dunedin have a lot of steep hils). At St. Margerts they bring the food to the table while at the others, there is a buffet. It is also really close to most of the other halls.

Anyway it probably looks St.Margrets is looking better, but I have to account for the price of car parks. Im 98% sure Im going to take the car down, cause I probably have to go around to sports trainings etc. and then I can also drive up when I feel like it, without taking an 8 hour bus ride, or a plane trip (waste of money). But it costs money to lease out a park, or if I go to Carrington I could risk it and rough it out on the streets (unlikely). I should ask how much each one costs some time. And then it depends on the number of people I know that are going to the halls.

Yea thats just some of the things I gathered, but I can't really be bother rambling on about it, ask if you want to know =).

It was kinda cold and dreary (just like home lol), but it wouldn't be so bad when it warms up.
We went to the museum and there was a 30C butterfly exhibit! I had almost forgoten, how great, how natural it is to be that warm. When I get a real job, its going to be where there is no winter! imagine just chilling out on the beach all year! 8-D
And then just to contrast the next day when we came up to CHCH, it was 4C at 1 pm 8-( .


6 comments:

  1. Lol where's the chocolate factory mentioned?!
    Don't forget 1st year health science you just gotta STUDY. Work your butt off for first year and you'll be free to party or whatever afterwards. Go to Maggots, aren't they the only ones that get free tutorials with the lectures?

    Lol 30C~4C isn't half as bad as what Daddy went through. Mid December, Christchurch 34C, Beijing -13C.LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. O yea the chocolate factory bit, i forgot about that, maybe I should right another post. Umm I think most colleges offer tutorial, I wasn't listening for that part :P. Study? huh? lol
    Ouch, thats like us coming back from Sri Lanka to NZ 32 - 3. Atleast of negatives you get snow around, (unless its dry) but its gay when its only 4. Neither here nor there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you have any relatives in Dunedin, you could try parking outside their house. But that's only if the cost of using the bus is less than the cost of paid parking.

    How large is the exhibit? Do they grow their own butterflies there? Were there dangling chains and "airlocks"? Either a bat exhibit or flying squirrel exhibit don't have dangling chains, but bird exhibits always have them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was relativly small, about the size of .... a living room, but it was 3 levels high. Apparently they have between 500- 1000 butterflies and a few birds in there. No relatives in Dunedin, and then of courseif I did they would have to be close to where Im staying. There were no airlocks in to the exhibit, well they did have a very average double door system, but if I was a butterfly I wouldn't leave that exibhit.
    Yep they breed some butterflies in there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. GO TO CARRINGTON

    I thought we had an agreement (:

    ReplyDelete
  6. Why are you always trying to get rid of me, ='(

    ReplyDelete