Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Just another day

I'm not meant to be in Colombo, yesterday we were meant to to travel to the cool upland interior of the Island (where all the tea estates are at etc.). However my granddad got sick just the day before we were meant to leave. I'm not complaining too much, my throat was hurting me like hell on that day. However that means less awesome photos, sorry guys X(, I've been stuck in Colombo since I got here! (ok technically the airport isn't in Colombo but that doesn't count), travelling halfway around the world to sit in my grandparents house and being bitten by mosquitoes is not my idea of an ideal holiday but nevertheless I'm here now and if every goes to plan I'll be going to a coastal town for the night tomorrow =).

Sickness is such a weird thing isn't it? Normally when we are well we run around and keep ourselves busy, but when we are sick it forces us to keep still. I have read 1 book (not Campbell xo) the whole year but in the last two days I've read two, incredible isn't it? Maybe if we were more still in our day to day lives we would get sick less often

Peace``

5 comments:

  1. I couldn't agree with the final statement more.
    When you're sick, you watch TV, read books.. do all the things you wanted to do for ages but never got round to :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. when I'm sick I sleep.
    and sleep
    and sleep
    and sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i spend my life wishing i could take some time off to do all those things

    then when i'm sick i either feel too crap or can't be stuffed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yea yea, it really depends how sick you are. Jenny you are always sleeping anyway =p.

    ReplyDelete