Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Mind dump: Guilt......

My mum has suddenly changed, I get comments like:

Your not eating enough, eat somemore (ok ive heard that all my life)
Your not tall enough eat more
Your not reaching your potential
Your not eating enough protein
You're puny *grabs ribs*
You go back to sleep
You're asking too much of yourself
You're not putting on any muscle
You're too thin eat more
Take more rice
Take more meat
Here I bought you some food
Look at your sister why can't you just eat like she does
Here i'll do that for you...

General message:
EAT MORE!!!!!
GROW!!!!!!
GAIN WEIGHT!!!

0_o What has got into my mum?
Maybe the fact that i'll be leaving next year.... maybe the fact that all shorter women want their sons to grow tall. What happened to looks are only skin deep? pfft

Anyway, I actually feel kind of guilty now. Before it was like, its kinda hard to explain, but anyway now I feel guilty that my family has put so much investment into me. I feel obliged *spelling* too make them feel 'proud' of me. Its just everything I do I rarely give it my best shot these days. Whether I do well or do bad. Back in the day when your parents ask you if you had tried your best, the immediate reply in your mind in YES! But now I know i havent tried my best, im always slacking of, at any turn. The main one that sticks out to me is ringing my mum after the bio theory exam, (mum)Its ok what you get as long as you tried your hardest .......... o_0 (me) ummm........

Its like untapped potential, i know that they are happy with what I get but I know i could do better, everything I do could have been done better, if i just pushed myself that little bit further.

meh... Just saw a documentary about an institute for disabled kids in Bulgaria. All I know is that im thankful for the life stituation im in now,some of the pain and neglect I saw made me want to throw up, hell exists on earth aswell.........

10 comments:

  1. naveen... you're not skinny
    (take that as a complement lol)
    and all parents want the best for you...
    They always see sth that needs fixing. And yea, it think that with so much stuff on this year and the pressure.. no one can be bothered trying their best. Besides,

    aim for excellence not perfection! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mum said how lazy I was today, =D, normality lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. naveen... youre not skinny
    and thats not a compliment =P




    Just kidding.

    ReplyDelete
  4. everyone could always do better. everyone could work harder, do more, go further - everyone slacks off.

    So just do what you can force yourself to do and try not to feel guilty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. dont gain wait mono leg.
    just gain weight on your legs.
    inject some fat.

    ReplyDelete
  6. lmao, but i so get that.
    you're not skinny, you look quite muscley-ish. (observation only)

    and, you're living in a superficial world where everyone says "don't judge a book by its cover" but goes ahead and does it anyway. (lol hypocrites)

    btw, meat is goood (esp the marrow. yummy ^^)

    ReplyDelete
  7. lol you like your meat don't you Eva lol.

    ReplyDelete
  8. yup, as long as it's not nz reject meat lol. have you tried deer? try it! it's sublime -v-

    ReplyDelete
  9. No I haven't tried deer, I'll have to take your word on that.

    ReplyDelete