Sunday, June 21, 2009

Sigh....

Rough day, I've just had enough. I just want to be, there's too much stuff to think about. I've now accepted that I'm not going to Japan, urgh hope is nearly as horrible as fear. Acutually coming to think of it, its worse, when you get over a fear you feel free while when you get over hope you feel defeated. I guess now I can appreciate what it means when both hope and fear are just illusions of the ego.

So as I've been thinking a lot, when I was coming out of the shower that we ultimately want two things in life (from other people) :

1. Love

2. Respect

Everything else we desire ultimatley comes from these two basic human needs, and unlike other wants they are pure and are not harmful to others.

Shoutout to Jenny, Happy 18th birthday to that girl,
--

4 comments:

  1. lol i texted her before you! muahaha :D:D

    and yea, i agree. It's what we crave emotionally. Sighh humans are such complicated beings

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol I wasn't really trying to beat anyone, I just knew that by the time I got up on Sunday it would be late lol, =).

    ReplyDelete
  3. 3. Sushi. (What my friends ultimately desire from their friends. Although that counts as a form of "Love" when freely given or "Respect" when given under pressure.)

    You've had the unenviable position of team reserve and the duty of studying Biology as the reserve to ensure and support the New Zealand team. And you got to be the reserve. I respect you muchly George.

    ReplyDelete